Thursday, December 24, 2009

Can dandruff shampoos like Selsun Blue/ Denorex cause hairloss?

I used to have very flaky hair so I used Denorex and it worked.. Used it for several years, no problem but I had to switch to selsun blue (because for a while denorex wasn't in any store around me for some reason), lately I've noticed I'm losing amounts of hair out of the norm, even my mother said it's a little bit more than what she thinks would be normal.. I plan to see a doctor, but I'm curious if this has to do with the shampoo, or perhaps stress(I've been in and out of court for the past year, and I lost my job) I've been working out more and I've always ate right.. I've dropped down 20 pounds in the past 3 or so months..





I should also mention the most comes out when I'm washing my hair.. I've never noticed this much before.. Not even a month ago..





I'm a 22 year old male with long thicker hair.. Very few men in my family are bald too..





So, shampoo, stress, diet? Or maybe all..Can dandruff shampoos like Selsun Blue/ Denorex cause hairloss?
yes, shampoo, stress and diet.





stress and losing large amounts of weight always cause more hair to fall out.





also check to make sure u are not allergic to anything in the shampoo, this happens a lot and people don't even realize it.





if ur not flaky anymore, don't use it. use a regular shampoo and when u do get flaky start to use the dandruff one again.





check to make sure u r not allergic to anythign in the shampoo, like wheat, this can sometimes cause internal problems which then lead to severe dandruff or dermatitis.Can dandruff shampoos like Selsun Blue/ Denorex cause hairloss?
Im no doctor but it sounds like it stress if its not then i say diet. I use danfruff shampoo (not that brand though) and have never heard of it ever causing hair loss. Once the dandruff is under control use a gentler shampoo as it really not meant to be used constancely then if it get bad again use it then. Like you said you would go see the doctor. All the best.
I had a good friend that used ';Head and Shoulders'; fine..but switched to ';Selsun Blue'; and started noticing a big hair loss..switched back to the ';Head and Shoulders'; and their hair started growing back..he said that his barber said that it appeared the hair was broken and very dry !
I have used them all, and have psoriasis to boot, but have no hair loss. Could be an allergic reaction though, that is specific to you.
no

No comments:

Post a Comment